The All Souls Book Club meets once a month (September through May) at the church. An organizational meeting is held in August. At that time, members propose and vote on books to be read during the year.
Each month, the member who proposed the book facilitates the meeting.
The group usually meets the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Meeting dates and selections for the current year (2017-2018) are:
- September 25. Before the Wind by John Lynch (fiction). Leader: Bob Vrchota
- October 23. I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda (non-fiction). Leader: Barb Peterson
- November 27. Scientific American: Not a Women’s Issue. September 2017 (magazine). Leader Sally Scott
- December 18, 6:30 p.m. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (fiction). Leader: Barb Iverson
Bring treats to share
- January 22. Two Old Women by Velma Wallis (fiction). Leader: Linda Hallstrom
- February 26. Letters from Yellowstone by Diane Smith (fiction). Leader: Pat Loughead
- March 26. To be decided
- April 23. To be decided
- May 21. Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance (non-fiction). Leader: Ann Esse
We are “snack-free” except for our December meeting.