What to Expect in Worship
We gather in worship to find meaning and live more deeply. Worship creates connections within, among, and beyond us, calling us to our better selves, calling us to live with wisdom and compassion.
At All Souls our Sunday morning services typically include:
- Words of welcome and announcements
- Lighting our chalice, the symbol of our faith
- A story for the children followed by “singing the children out” as they go to childcare or Children’s Religious Exploration (RE).
- Music – piano music (ranging from classical to ragtime) and congregational singing
- Sharing Stones — a time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- A meditation or prayer
- Readings — ancient or contemporary
- A sermon given by our minister, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation
- An offering — half of each Sunday’s donation is given to a local charity
We offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the Sunday service.