Eliza Tupper Wilkes, founder of All Souls Church, also helped to start the first library in Sioux Falls. In 1881, local women organized the Ladies History Club with a goal of establishing a public library. As a member of the History Club, Eliza chose the very first books for the Sioux Falls Public Library.
The original All Souls Church building at 12th and Dakota was gifted to the city by W.H. and Winona Lyon in 1899 for use as a public library.
A belief in the importance of books and reading has been part of All Souls since our founding. Today, we maintain a library of current and classic books for our members. Visit our library whenever the church is open.